Common Questions – The Box House Hotel
- What are your COVID-19 protocols?
- To help prevent spread of COVID-19, we instruct our couriers to practice social distancing guidelines. Our exchanges also happen in the open air greatly reducing the risk of transmission.
- Where will we pick up or drop off our luggage?
- The courier will meet you curbside at the designated shuttle meeting point, and curbside at any drop-off location within our coverage area.
- Can I disable the delivery alert?
- Yes just reply to your confirmation email with your request. However if there is not a doorman, mail-room, person present for the duration of your selected delivery window, the package will be returned for an additional fee. So disable with caution.
- What Regions do you service?
- Our Drop & Deliver service covers Manhattan below 110th, Most parts of Brooklyn and some parts of Queens with more locations coming online monthly. Our bespoke service covers all of NYC and parts of New Jersey. You can get a quote for that service at our Free Your Arms Main Page by clicking here
- Can I drop my bags off at your location?
- Unfortunately not. Due to social distancing restrictions we have discontinued our counter-service operations.
- Can I store my bags overnight?
- Of course. You can store your bags for as many nights as you want!
- What are your hours?
- We are currently offering shuttle times from 10am - Noon and 4pm to 6pm. For 24 hour service navigate to the Free Your Arms Main Page Here
- Is my luggage safe and secure?
- Yes, your bags are either stored on a vehicle or in climate controlled units with 24 hour surveillance.
- Are you insured?
- Yes, we are insured for up to $99 total liability for lost or damaged items. Please refer to our terms and conditions for more details on items covered.
- How do I pay?
- Once you've got your quote you can go through to our secure online checkout. Our drivers are not able to accept any cash as payment.
- What if I need to add or subtract bags?
- Please contact customer service at +11-347-354-5683 or respond to your email confirmation to add or subtract bags.
- What if I need my luggage returned earlier than the scheduled time?
- We suggest notifying us at least 90 minutes before your reservation time to avoid additional fees.
- Can I trust that you will be on time, I have a flight to catch?
- Yes, we have never had a customer miss a flight. If we miss your exchange due to our delay, we will get your luggage to you on our dime.
- What if I am late?
If you are late we may offer a 15 minute courtesy window to customers ONLY IF our schedule allows, however you will be responsible for a $5.99 late fee per bag 15 minutes after your scheduled exchange time and every 15 minutes after that, with an additional $24.99 after hours fee if you arrive after 7:00pm plus $4.99 per bag after midnight.
If you are late and can't collect your luggage on time then we can ship it to you. This is charged separately and will include a handling fee.
- Can I pick-up my bags from my hotel front desk?
- Yes we recommend it, just make sure you clear it with your hotel and let us know.
If you've got a not so common question then please call us